My galleries of art.

My galleries of art.
@ Deviant Art you can find all my latest illustrations & renders. Please feel free to visit & critique. \(^-^)/

9.12.08

Hollywood: FFXI fanfest '08

So LA was pwn.  One of the best vacations of my life if not the best.  However, hollywood is a great place to visit, I would never want to live near there.  The claustrophobia of looking in every direction and seeing city, even from the plane the sea of lights is only quelled by the ocean's darkness.  Every night I could feel the building sway (19th floor) to the rhythm of the minor earthquakes, even so much as insomniac flash episodes, waking up swearing we were about to tip over.  But after I got over that, I really started to enjoy it.  Its amazing how so many millions live with the movement and think very little of it.  How many breath the smog, live the dream in a pool of danger and poison -truly angelic- blissfully (greedily) ignorant of the environment.

My picture made the wall!!  Close, so close.  I achieved my goal, so next year the goal is the top 3.  I already have a secret plan for my picture riddled with inside jokes and rmt pwnage.

Lerra got 2nd place in the cosplay contest!!!  So glad she entered even after not making finals last year.  Was great fun, aside from the surround system otw as prize, the best reward was getting to tag along with her and take pictures, and get autographs.  Meeting Kumi and Sage is a very high point for me;  I have so much respect for what they do (composer and GM).  We've listened to Tanioka's music since FFXI and crystal chronicles, so it was awesome to get to thank her for all the amazing music that helps to inspire my daily life.  Sundi is just an RMT killing machine & a online sociological genius who has helped make FFXI the game I love today.  It is difficult to say what a privilage it was to be there with her snapping photos.

I love all my FFXI friends!  We had a ton of fun.  The Hilton bathroom will now forever reak of medicinal buds because of the part of the shell that's so damn hip.  Rice krispies and a some of the phattest Kb i've ever tasted.  Great times were had by all, whahahaha!  Now if only colorado could catch up to that sort of understanding, my artistic ability would flow more freely.  We also had good talks about the game, social interaction, and made plans for the future of America's oldest and greatest FFXI Linkshell:  Blackrose.

Thanks to all my friends for making it amazing.
It will never be forgotten...  a new high (turning) point in my life, I am ready to kick some ass irl!

With the absense of new jobs, I will now start the Samurai, Monk, or Ranger path.
Bard is a burdon, Blue mage is mediocrity (though I really enjoy it still, I will never be a heavy hitter, and that reality takes a toll) but I will keep persuing blu merits until i romp.  But the next lesson for me is how to handle damage dealing.  Buffer, Hybrid, DD - WOOT!

FFXI > all 4evers

^^y

No comments: